Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What's worse?

I don't know what's worse... going around without a sensor and neurotically wondering where my glucose is headed, or having a sensor that is inaccurate for it's entire life. It's kind of like the difference between flying blind, and being teamed up with someone you can't depend on...

This week I've had one that has been wrong the whole time. Normally, I give them a couple days grace to get fully calibrated, and then enjoy 5 days of spot-on, predictable accuracy. So far, this one is a dog. As much as I dislike the harpoon-like nature of putting a new sensor in place, it's probably time to end it early and move on to one that works.

I'm happy for the 8 out of 10 sensors that give me great information. It only makes me more aware of my dependency when one doesn't work right. 

At least my meter is dependable... I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment