|What are the chances of this kind of sensor-meter harmony?|
30 Day Sensor average 132
14 Day Sensor average 122
My sensor data says that I'm staying in range 92% of the time, 5% above, 3% below.
I'll have to check what those limits are, because, while it seems like what I want, I don't think it indicates that I'm staying in the tight range that I consider my "target range" (70-110) so much of the time. Working on it, though.
I feel like things have gotten better since January. For the last 2 months I have shown roughly a 10 mg/dl point drop in the average each month. I have been getting especially consistent results over the last 2 weeks, in particular. I think the improvement relates to more sleep, better hydration and regular exercise. I hate to admit that simple things like that were always available and ignored, but it's what I've come up with. Either way, I'm watching my sensor info like a hawk and am happy that lately it's barely been budging from the 90-100 spot. I've done some studying of my data and tweaked my basal a bit.
For a while there, I was manually switching between my basal patterns all day long. I have 3 different basal delivery levels that kicked out 30, 22, and 19 units. Depending on what I saw going on I was switching to a different basal to address a trend. It worked, but it required TOO MUCH tweaking, and I was losing track of what was working when. Eventually, I found that I was getting lows even when I was using my lowest basal, so I decided that I needed to sort it out better. I looked for the spots where I was regularly seeing a rise or a drop and I adjusted the basal about 2 hours ahead of it. It worked. Today was smooth, and I didn't mess with the basal options all day. Just boluses.
Last month I said my goal was to reach an average of 126 mg/dl. I am not there yet, but it definitely seems within reach. Then I'll shoot for 100 mg/dl.