Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Manual Mode Experiment Hiatus

I'm back... week before last I was trying to see if I could run with Manual Mode more of the time and keep myself in a better range, but after about 2 days things took a turn and became problematic. While the first day or two I was seeing good results, after a few days it got worse and I felt like I was either insulin resistant or I just wasn't getting enough basal insulin. I might turn my basal up to an average number based on my current basal use, and see how that goes if I try it again.

One advantage that I see in using Manual Mode is that I'm paying more attention and it inspires me to think more about blood sugar in general, which also trickles down in to dietary choices and exercise. When I'm in a normal day of AutoMode I'more likely to miss a meal bolus or not think about blood sugar much at all. I guess paying attention is always helpful for better control. 

 Maybe most days I should pay attention, but then use AutoMode for the days when I can't? Do we always know when those days will be?

I heard from Medtronic that I'm in the pipeline for getting the 770 pump. When they call me, I just have to set up the timing so that I pay my upgrade fee after the 1st of the new year. The new pump isn't groundbreaking, it just gives you the ability to monitor your BG on your phone... but, then there's a software upgrade that sounds like it has a better algorithm with more aggressive auto-corrections.

No comments:

Post a Comment