|One of my birthday dinners, 39 feels pretty good.|
BG average for the month-
one place in my data says 133 mg/dl
another place in my data says 125 mg/dl
I think the 133 mg/dl seems more reliable. It's paired with a standard deviation of 44. I think my experiments with Symilin have given me greater margins for highs. That's fine, it's been a safe ride.
I've been using an average of 30 units per day, with my basal and bolus ratio at 65:35.
I took an at home A1C and it was 6.7. Maybe some of those real highs skewed the average up a bit. It's still a fine result for me. As I've said before, the sensor data is 10X more useful than an A1C at this point.
I've been writing enough about my Symilin experiments. I probably won't say too much more about that. It's been an interesting and worthwhile experiment. I am up to the 60 mcg dose and haven't had any groovy gastro symptoms.
I had 3 different opportunities to feast this month, and they were fun. Of course, eating a bunch more than usual always creates new challenges, but I try not to let it slow me down too much.
My nighttime basal seems to be right on. If I got to bed with a normal reading I'm staying flat all night and waking up 80-100 mg/dl. I don't want to jinx it. Having a 1/2 unit of insulin with my coffee in the AM seems to keep it from throwing things off.
Other stuff: I had been having very few arrhythmia events for most of the month, but lately they have become more frequent. After having one episode for almost 24 hours this week, I'm a little discouraged. I think that it may develop into something that requires some other medication or treatment. The beta-blockers don't always seem to do what they are supposed to do. I can live with it sporadically, but it's not the best thing to have going on. It doesn't seem to be exercise, alcohol or caffeine induced, but I might try cutting out those things one at a time and seeing what happens. I have been consuming more gluten than usual, mostly in the form of beer... hmmm.