Saturday, June 22, 2013

An easy study...

Through myGlu.org I am participating in a study about infusion site changing and the length of time it takes before your insulin absorption is affected. It's a pretty easy study, and sometimes I wish I could explain why my glucose was high on waking up (eating dessert usually). But, it's one of those things that is good to see the trends and what might be going on.

They are only collecting info on when you change your site, your fasting BG, and your total insulin needs each day. Well, my food intake and activity is pretty variable these days, so it's hard to tell what trends are site related. Even so, I think I can see a pattern. I almost always change my site based on when I think my insulin isn't acting as effectively as usual. So, I'm already aware of the infusion site factor. I usually find this happens at about day 6-7. 

No comments:

Post a Comment